anyweb

Deploy Windows 7

Hi,

I am absolutely up to my wits with getting SCCM 2007 to capture windows 7 image for deployment. I followed your guide on the forum which worked until the point where Winpe says preparing network connection and then it restarts and that is the end of it. I have added hyper v network driver to the boot image and still the problem is the same.

I am using a hyper-v environment for this, I have also checked out various resources on the net and just can't resolve this. I have spent 8 whole days and still I can't get past this point. Please help!! what do I need to do.

I have also tried using vista, the problem is the same, not sure if it's because I am using hyper -v, I am so frustrated it's unbelievable

I have attached the snapshot of what things looks like before the error. Not sure if it is Network driver, but I have selected the Legacy Network Adapter for the VM in Hyper V and still no joy.

During the winpe boot process, I did press F8 and got eh X: drive but can't locate the SMSTS.Log file in order to paste the content in here. I suppose it's because the TS had not fully executed.

Please Help anyone!!!!

snapshot.rtf

Hi,

I am absolutely up to my wits with getting SCCM 2007 to capture windows 7 image for deployment. I followed your guide on the forum which worked until the point where Winpe says preparing network connection and then it restarts and that is the end of it. I have added hyper v network driver to the boot image and still the problem is the same.

I am using a hyper-v environment for this, I have also checked out various resources on the net and just can't resolve this. I have spent 8 whole days and still I can't get past this point. Please help!! what do I need to do.

I have also tried using vista, the problem is the same, not sure if it's because I am using hyper -v, I am so frustrated it's unbelievable

I have attached the snapshot of what things looks like before the error. Not sure if it is Network driver, but I have selected the Legacy Network Adapter for the VM in Hyper V and still no joy.

During the winpe boot process, I did press F8 and got eh X: drive but can't locate the SMSTS.Log file in order to paste the content in here. I suppose it's because the TS had not fully executed.

Please Help anyone!!!!

Hi

Great directions on the site, thanks. I have a question. I added the Windows 7 license key because we use MAK licenses and at first it was authenticating the licenses just fine, but lately it quit. Do you know why it might be doing this, and/or how to fix it? Thanks.

Hi all,

I'm lost here and maybe just looking to do something not available. I'm running SCCM 2012 and have all my clients installed on our XP workstations. I have a perfect Win 7 image on my SCCM server. I want to deploy it to all my workstations based on the collections they are in (location) using the Software Center (as opposed to PXE boot). I have the task sequence set up but when I launch it in Software Center I get an error that states "the software could not be found on any servers at this time".

Can someone please guide me to a step by step on how to install an OS this way? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance!