deconinckg

Software Deployment

Question

I do not know if this is because of the advertisment i tried to push or not but here is the situation i had.

I installed OS through SCCM. Then I wanted to try to deploy software which i just created. Software package was Adobe Reader 9.

I made a program to run and put it in DP. I then weant to collection and right clicked the client to Distribute Software.

Not really sure if its the correct way. But i waited 10 minutes and nothing happened and never saw any software being pushed to start installing.

I started the machine actions on the client to make surte everything is ok. The client in Collection is set on YES.

I gave up trying and decided to join the computer into the domain which i still had to do. This weant fine. Suddenly i see that there is something advertised to this computer.

I hoped it would have been the software i wanted, but for some reason he pushed the OS again and restarted the whole SCCM procedure. Why is he doing this? For now i'm really doubting if SCCM is going to profitable with all the bugs and problems I have encountered already.

Can someone explain why this behaviour might have happened? Or did i do something wrong for the software distribution?

5 answers to this question

Update: It seems to keep relooping into SCCM Deployment without my interaction.

I have already done this SCCM deployment several times for both Vista as XP without any further problems.

Thisone seems to do very bad even though the hardware is exactly the same as the previous portables.

About your first post: I think you have to check your boundaries. When I read that there pops up an advertisement when you join the computer to the domain, I think that your domain is your boundary. SCCM will only advertise to computers inside its boundaries.

About your second post: I think you have to check your advertisement settings (Tab schedule > Program rerun behavior).

About your first post: I think you have to check your boundaries. When I read that there pops up an advertisement when you join the computer to the domain, I think that your domain is your boundary. SCCM will only advertise to computers inside its boundaries.

About your second post: I think you have to check your advertisement settings (Tab schedule > Program rerun behavior).

OK, that makes sence. My boundarie is linked to the site of my DC. Which will be my domain.

That might explain the failure to push out software through SCCM.

I also checked the option on my OS-install advertisement, and it was set on rerun. I changed it to never rerun advertised program. Guess that should solve this problem from rehappening, if this was the cause.

OK, that makes sence. My boundarie is linked to the site of my DC. Which will be my domain.

That might explain the failure to push out software through SCCM.

Correct, when you Active Directory Site is your Boundary you can only Advertise to clients within your Active Directory Site

I also checked the option on my OS-install advertisement, and it was set on rerun. I changed it to never rerun advertised program. Guess that should solve this problem from rehappening, if this was the cause.

When it was standing on rerun it was causing your problem.

Correct, when you Active Directory Site is your Boundary you can only Advertise to clients within your Active Directory Site

When it was standing on rerun it was causing your problem.

Yeah this seemed to have been the problem. I will soon try out if i can push software alone towards clients. Didn't had the time free for looking it up further.

I'm just glad it doesn't tries to rerun the advertisment of the OS ;)

Manymany thx, and i'll keep you updated if my software deployment works.