sccmrookie

99% there - osd via offline media usb - now on go slow but works..

Hi

After months of headaches and being side tracked i've now got sccm osd via offline usb 99% there !

Prior to me adding in some small apps (citrix receiver plus 2 other small ones), and an additoinal local admin account and keyboard localised uk settings it's now gone on the go slow.

So before the fine tuning 30 mins to install win7 via usb 3.0 stick, "out of the box install".

now 1 hour 30 mins..

Citrix receiver manually takes 5 mins max, and surely configuring an extra local admin account and keyboard local would take 5 mins real time plus trend anti virus about 5-10 mins max?

So 30 mins to 1 hours 30 mins??

The setup takes an extra 30 /40 minutes at this stage now -

"setup will continue after restarting your computer" it literally sits here for ages !

All drivers everything works though...

Thoughts?

Hi

I have managed to find the fault - however to my knowledge where I was having the problem you can't invoke the F8 command - only during the task sequence in win p.e can you do this.

The problem was to do with the custom settings file - .xml for the operating system.

I removed that and the build works fine, back to 35 mins now including applications.

As alternative to the .xml file i recaptured the .wim file with local settings applied and this has worked fine.

thanks all