joengelhart

Image broke after Schedule Updates SCCM2012R2

Hello,

I have a weird problem that keeps happening each month after I run the Scheduled updates on my image and try to image something I'm getting:

"Windows failed to start"..... File "vmstorfl.sys" Status: 0xc0000098. (see attached picture)

I have been having to install my image on a computer run windows updates and then recapture the image because I cannot get it to update in SCCM without this happening. This is the second month I have tried to update my image and this happens. If anyone has an idea how I can fix this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

post-24669-0-51789200-1419440881_thumb.png

I had something similar happen after using the Scheduled Updates on my image - as well when I mounted the image via PowerShell to install and enable .NET 3.0 and 3.5 on our W8.1 image. I was able to resolve it by redistributing the Tools pack as well as the Settings pack. My poking around lead me to believe it was something with the unattend.xml file. After redistributing those tool packs, the image behaved as expected. Still not entirely sure why.

I had something similar happen after using the Scheduled Updates on my image - as well when I mounted the image via PowerShell to install and enable .NET 3.0 and 3.5 on our W8.1 image. I was able to resolve it by redistributing the Tools pack as well as the Settings pack. My poking around lead me to believe it was something with the unattend.xml file. After redistributing those tool packs, the image behaved as expected. Still not entirely sure why.

Could you explain how you did this?? I would love to stop having to pull down my images each time to patch. I'm using a windows 7 image