techspec90

Microsoft Security Essentials not taking definition updates from WSUS Server.

Question

Hi Experts,

I have a WSUS server installed on network on which MSE definition updates are installed, but the MSE on the client computer is not getting updates from it.

When I click the update button it gives me error "Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated".

The error code i am getting is 0x80244018. The definition updates couldn't be installed please try again later.

I also have TMG on my network as a default gateway, I want to update MSE from WSUS not from microsoft update.

Do I have to change rules....??? or any suggesstions that how MSE can be automatically updated from WSUS, the WSUS setting is saved into a GROUP Policy and applied....

Please advice......

Is there any setting possible that when user clicks on Update in Microsoft Security Essential the update request is forwarded to WSUS Server....????

3 answers to this question