Harrison Groover

Query Based Collections - combining two queries

I have a working query (Membership Rule) that gathers computers into a collection based on computer name.

I also have a working query that gathers by OS (in this example we will use Windows 7).

I have been trying to get the two combined into one query (basically an "and" statement instead of creating two separate membership rules, which apparently is an "or" statement).

I readily admit that building queries is not my strongpoint, and I don't even know if this is the proper way to go about it, but I have been tinkering with it quite a bit.

Here are the two queries...I know that both of them work individually, but I keep getting syntax errors when I try to combine them.

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion like "%Workstation 6.1%" or SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion like "%Windows 7%" and SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.SystemType = "x64-based PC"

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.NetbiosName like "Example"

Is there a way to combine these two statements into one? Any help would be very much appreciated!

That shouldn't be to difficult as they are both using the same classes. I think it could be something like this (haven't tested it):

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.SystemType = "x64-based PC" and SMS_R_System.NetbiosName like "Example" and (SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion like "%Workstation 6.1%" or SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion like "%Windows 7%")

As you might also notice I've changed the operating system check. This is to assure that both options are valid, although I think that the second option doesn't even exist.