burnettb

New install that requires a product key during installation

Hey everyone! This is my first post on this forum after having used several of the SCCM 2012 guides and things. I am fairly new to SCCM, but am working in a position in a school system where this is one of my responsibilities and so I am trying to learn more and more about it. I just want to thank all of you in advance for any help you could give me, and I ask that you forgive any of my newbie questions, lol.

Here is the situation I am currently in. One of our users had a piece of software that installs from a disc using a setup.exe file. During setup it asks for a registration number in order to continue registration. During setup it also has to then reference a file share on the network so you have to enter the path to that share. Is this even possible to install from SCCM? I would assume I would have to use a batch script to do so, but I have no idea what commands I would use for the registration number, or mapping to the UNC path. I also have not really had any success with installing from SCCM using batch scripts. I know this is a mess right?

Like I said, I'm pretty new at this, and would really appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks in advance!