sun

sccm 2007 SP1 client not working in XP SP 2

Question

Dear members,

I am setting up LAB environment for Winodws 2008 / SCCM 2007 SP1. LAB Workstation: Windows XP SP2.

I followed this link and did exactly same.

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/491-how-can-i-configure-sccm-2007-sp1-in-windows-server-2008/

My main problem is, I do not see any extra icon in control panel in Windows XP SP2 workstation. So I could not test package deployment. I have attached server log file. Addition to this also I noticed critical error in "SMS_MP_Control manager" and "SMS_MP_Device manager". Already I fixed Webdev settings and authorization role as per web page. Still it gives critical error. page attached.

Thanks a lot

Sun

ccm.txt

post-3623-12517057809323_thumb.jpg

post-3623-12517058168304_thumb.jpg

Hello!

Your SMSAdmin account should have local admin privilege on the pc where the agent install should happen.

Your log says that no account can't connect on the admin$ share on the computer on which you want to install the client.

I can't answer to your other question as you're not supplying the error message.

Hope it helps.

Jean

Dear Jean,

Thanks for your reply. I added SMSadmin account to local admin group on the PC.I attached a screen shot file. But still it is same. Pls advice.

post-3623-12517102726176_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Sun

Hello!

Your SMSAdmin account post-3623-12517102726176_thumb.jpgshould have local admin privilege on the pc where the agent install should happen.

Your log says that no account can't connect on the admin$ share on the computer on which you want to install the client.

I can't answer to your other question as you're not supplying the error message.

Hope it helps.

Jean

Dear Jean,

Thanks for your reply. I added SMSadmin account to local admin group on the PC.I attached a screen shot file. But still it is same. Pls advice.

update.JPG

Thanks

Sun

The picture shows a group SMS Admins, but not the account 'pama2008\SMSadmin' that you use during the installation...

Hi,

Thanks. I now added SMSadmin account in the Client PC Administrator's group. File attached. I also attached log file here. Still same problem exists. Pls advice.

The picture shows a group SMS Admins, but not the account 'pama2008\SMSadmin' that you use during the installation...

post-3623-12517131569823_thumb.jpg

ccm.log

You are having a different problem now. The SMSadmin account can connect (Connected to administrative share on machine pama2008.pama.org using account 'pama2008\SMSadmin').

Your new problem is: Unable to connect to WMI on remote machine "PA5141", error = 0x80070005.

I think you have to allow remote WMI connections through the firewall of the client (or put the firewall out)

Hi,

I formated Windows XP client PC. Re-installed Fresh windows XP SP3 on client PC. Named: SUN. Attached log file from server. Still no luck. Please ignore other entries in the log except client computer name "SUN". Pls give inputs if u can.

1. What I supposed to see under client XP control panel ?

2. SCCM 2007 server is trying to push client which are removed. How can I remove this QUEUE to avoid unwanted messages in ccm.log file.

thanks

sundar

ccm.log

Hi,

Yes. I already disabled the firewall (XP machine: Control panel - windows firewall - Disabled)in Windows XP client machine.

Could you tell me how do i install SCCM client MANUALLY on XP client machines? Pls provide download link if possible. I tried to install client (from SCCM 2007 SP1 CD E:\SMSSETUP\CLIENT\CCMSETUP)manually. Nothing appears after run CCMSETUP. Pls tell me how do i install SCCM Client MANUALLY on XP Clients?

thanks

Sun