randy

Uninstalling MS Office Products

Question

I am trying to use SCCM 2007 to uninstall some Office 2007 products, specifically Project Pro. I set up a program in Software Dist. (for Project Pro) with setup.exe /uninstall PrjPro /config "PrjPro.WW\uninstall.xml" If I run this manually on a client, it works just fine. Pushing it through Config Manager, setup runs and runs and runs with no result - it eventually will go over it's time limit. I have tried with setup.exe and the .msi as well - as far as the msi, I found this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926279

I have installed and uninstalled Adobe products with no problems (Acrobat Std, Elements).

Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

Hi !

I found this on the www.appdeploy.com.

Silent uninstall information:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178956.aspx

/uninstall [ProductID]

Runs Setup to remove the specified product from the user’s computer. Look up the value of [ProductID] in the Setup.xml file for the product you want to modify.

Example

\\server\share\Office12\setup.exe /uninstall Enterprise

where Office12 is the root of the network installation point, and Enterprise is the [ProductID] ([ProductID] is equal to the ID attribute of the Setup element listed in \\server\share\Office12\Enterprise.WW\setup.xml), where Enterprise.WW is the location of the Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 installation files.

You can customize the /uninstall option by using it with /config and a modified Config.xml file. This is essential if you want to run a “silent†uninstall. In enterprise deployments, we recommend that you run a silent uninstall to prevent prompting users to enter information, and to prevent the installation from waiting for any user interaction, including when files are in use.

To run a silent uninstall:

Using a text editor, edit the following element attributes in the \\server\share\Office12 Enterprise.WW\SilentUninstallConfig.xml file:

<Configuration Product="Enterprise">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />

</Configuration>At the command line, use the following syntax:

\\server\share\Office 12\setup.exe /uninstall Enterprise /config \\server\share\Office 12\Enterprise.WW\SilentUninstallConfig.xml

Above Entry Provided on 8/16/2008 by nzdude

Apparently, it also works without an xml file.

Hope it helps.

Jean

PS : the url of the page : http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=860