gangaskan

issues trying to build and capture

still learning so bare with me!!!

i'm trying to deploy my first Win7 install, but i crated the OS installer then try to create the task sequence to build and capture but i do not get to build and capture any image to work with. did i miss something? i went through all the steps. running 2012 R2 with 2012 server.

i do have one captured image, but thats not for the one i want to use and i used the manual image capture for that one.

i think i found my issue.

working on it now, but for the OS image i used the Install.wim in the install media i copied over.

os installer is the whole folder.

build and capture is working, past sysprep, confgmgr, going through installing devices and also did a domain join!

well, it deployed, but did ask me things like timezone, etc (OOBE) and product code again.

it did install one of the apps i requested, the ohters i'm not sure if i slipped them in correctly i'll look at that later, but deploying is my first thing i want to nail out.

It sounds as though you were able to resolve the issue. This is documented in the TechNet article How to Manage Operating System Images and Installers in Configuration Manager.

If you’re trying out deployment for the first time and trying to understand the recommended procedure for deployment, you may want to give the Surface Pro 3 Deployment and Administration Guide a read through. The document provides a step-by-step walkthrough of configuring a deployment environment using the recommended procedure and is applicable to any Windows clients, not just Surface.

All the deployment resources you might need can be found at the Deploy Windows 7 and Deploy Windows 8 pages at Windows for IT Pros on TechNet.

Brandon
Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
Windows for IT Pros on TechNet