behemyth

Config Mgr client stays in provisioning mode after OS Install

Question

Has anyone run into a problem where the config mgr client stays stuck in provisioning mode after the TS completes? I currently have a couple scripts that force it out of this mode during the TS, but it causes the windows updates to fail to install at the end of the TS. If i take the scripts off, Windows Updates install, but then the client stays in provisioning mode and doesnt register with the CM.

3 answers to this question

Hi,

It is a known issue that the Windows Update step,when installing Software Updates that requires Multiple reboots are installed, the SCCM client cannot handle that and ends up in Provisioning Mode, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2894518

If those updates are not in there I would check for any other unexpected reboots either by a script or application to start with.

Regards,
Jörgen

• Like 1

How do you handle running this to make the client work? Do you have people run it after the image is deployed, I tried running it in multiple places during the OS Deployment, and it always causes the updates step to fail. Is there a way to make it run after windows updates apply?