Malik4u

Remote Distribution Point or Member Server

Question

Hi All,

we have a setup of System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 and now we want to deploy OS from another System Center Configuration Manager server located on a diffirent city.

Would appreciate if someone provide what we should need in terms of hardware / infrastructure ... member server ETC.

Thanks in advance.

10 answers to this question

Hi Peter,

In order to enable remote DP we need some kind of Site to Site link (via ISP) and CISCO check point device for example.

Assuming we have RDP that we can configure according to https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712321.aspx#BKMK_PlanForDistributionPoints

Does CISCO Check Point device requires specific configuration?

I am collecting information to build network based on following scenario :

we want to deploy OS from another System Center Configuration Manager server located on a different city.

Hmm, I understand and agree with you Peter, this is not your task :)

But what I asked in this forum if there is design guide or step by step guides or similar that newcomers can consult.

Of course, everyone has to do something 1st time to go ahead.

Hope you understand! If its out of your scope, lets see if someone else can have a look on this thread.

Have a nice weekend Peter.

My advice would be that if you aren't that knowledgable into networking and in programming Cisco devices look into the Meraki Cloud managed devices. They E-mesh and will allow you direct tunneling between the sites. Once you get the connection established you can then look into doing DP's on site there.

Your first thing to figure out before even SCCM is the network though so start there. Meraki is what I'd use in this situation.