Sudarsen

Capturing Win7 x86 machine. TSMBAutorun.exe does not start

Question

3 answers to this question

Yes, I created a .iso file using the Create Task Sequence Media option in CM2012 SP1

Used a x86 boot image. As it is a remote machine I had to extract the files and run the launchmedia.cmd option

Nothing happens and then I tried the below steps. Tried copying SMS\bin\x64 contents to SMS\bin\i386\SMS\bin\x64 location. Yet the exe never starts.

As it is a remote machine I had to extract the files and run the launchmedia.cmd option

maybe you extracted them incorrectly, and you definetly should NOT be copying bits from one directory to another, if the computer is a real computer (not recommended) then the ISO should be burned to a CD and run from the cd in Windows,

if the computer is a virtual machine (recommended) then you merely need to mount the iso in the virtual machine and let the autorun start in Windows.