Kevin79

Installing APPS during OSD

Question

I finally have the OSD working for the basic stuff. I now want to install some applications. In the applications, I have different "Deployment Types" for each language I need. In the Deployment Type, I have a single "Requirement" based on computer OU. When I try to deploy it during OSD, it doesn't install. I can select it but it never installs. It doesn't appear to be in the CCMCache folder either. I have some software that doesn't have any "Requirements" and that software installs fine. I looked in the log files but don't know what I should be looking for. Can anyone give me some advice?

I is an "application" I think it is the Deployment Type Requirements that are the issue. I have it so that it installs different options based on the OU that the computer is in although it should be fine since it appears that it is doing the software install step after the computer is joined to the domain...

Ok, you will need to look at the SMSTS.log and find the section where it is supposed to be installing the app. It should give you an indication of what is going on, if it is skipped or failing to install, etc. I recommend viewing the .log with cmtrace, and then searching (CTRL+F) for the step (use the name of your step as the search item). Copy that snippet here if you need further help....

Can you add a "pause" prior and after your application install.

Create a "Run command line" with: cmd /c start "cmd" /wait cmd

Then when it is paused, you can open a command prompt (F8)

From the command prompt find your application package that should be downloaded to your system, then manually run the install command (same as your program statement). Or: msiexec.exe /i <application.msi> /limev c:\logs\application.log Hopefully you will see why the application is not installing.