ghost_dark

Monitoring Azure

Question

HI everyone.

I need to monitor Windows Azure with SCOM 2012 r2. I followed the guide that I leave below, I work settings but in trying to plot or try to get some usage report: HDD, RED, UP Time, etc. With SCOM does not bring me such information.
Some of you have configured SCOM for monotrear azure and ah could lose the information to graph it, if it is yes, I can tell as they did?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/walterm/archive/2013/04/13/first-impressions-on-system-center-management-pack-for-windows-azure-fabric-preview-for-scom-2012-sp1.aspx

thankful beforehand.

1 answer to this question

Hello Ghost_Dark,

Did you notice in that article that it said the following:

• "All items in the list will have a “Not monitored” state, which is what we should expect since we have to specifically select what we want to be monitored amongst the resources that have been discovered by SCOM."
  • "Now we can begin monitoring specific resources in your subscription. Select the Authoring view, and navigate to the Windows Azure Monitoring node. Right-click on the node and select the Add Monitoring Wizard"
  • "It could be any collection of cloud services, virtual machines, or storage, and can be in any combination of staging or production slots."
  • "On the Virtual machines page, you can now select the IaaS Virtual Machines that you have created in your subscription. In the same manner as you selected the cloud services, select your virtual machines."
  • "Navigate to the Virtual Machine State node under the Monitored Azure Resources folder. Note that we are monitoring healthy virtual machines. One thing to note here is that the management pack does not look at any resources running on the virtual machines such as SQL Server or IIS. This is purely for the overall health of the server itself, and not any installed features or server programs running on the server. If you want that functionality, you will have add these servers to a Virtual Network so that you have IP-level connectivity and can monitor them just as you would an on-premises server."
  • Until SCOM provides this functionality by providing an agent and updating the management pack to call the agent, you may want to take a look at MetricsHub to augment your monitoring of Azure applications and virtual machines. Out of the box, MetricsHub can display the following counters (the bold ones map to those mentioned above):
LogicalDisk\% Free Space
LogicalDisk\Disk Read Bytes/Sec
LogicalDisk\Disk Write Bytes/Sec
Memory\% Physical Memory
NetworkInterface\Bytes Received/sec
NetworkInterface\Bytes Sent/sec
Process\% Processor Time
Process\IO Read Bytes/sec
Process\IO Write Bytes/sec
Process\Working Set – Private
Processor\% Processor Time