Drakmah

No DP available after installe DP rol

Hi,

I'have a wierd problem. I hijacked this thread for it http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6610-distribution-point-not-showing-after-installing-the-dp-site-system-role/

The problem I'm having is that after the installation of SCCM 2012 R2 on a Windows 2012R2 server no Distribution Point is created. In the Distribution Point Satus it says "no items" found.

Removing the DP and reinstalling the DP gives the same result. There are no errors in the distmgr.log.

Also the Distiubtion Share (DP$ etc) are not created.

I've reinstalled the environment several times. The last time I placed everything on new single server, result = same problem. At least I am consistent :-(

I'm realy stuck and need some help!

Hi,

Some additional information: The Distmgr.log has no erros. The Smsdpprov.log can not be reviewed because the SMS_DP$ and other virtual directories are not created.

The only folder created is SCCMContentLib, the other virtual folders are also not available in IIS.

I've reviewed the IIS configuration but cannot find anything that is causing this. All prerequest are installed and enabled.

After removing the DP role and reinstalling it, it doesn't even appear anymore at monitoring/overview/system status/site status.

The Distribution Point Configuration Status Always shows "no items".

Some pictures:

Servers and Site System Roles

1217fhu.png

Site Status:

hs249l.png

DP Configuration Status

6rh845.png

IIS config

wkohuq.png

Please advise!

Hi,

Overnight the Distribution Point appeared in the Site Status, however still no Virtual Directories:

2yxpt2e.png

Also the distribution point is still not available:

11kw1l5.png

Please advise, I'm at it for 3 weeks now and can't get this to work. Probably it is something small but I cannot find the sollution! :(

Hi,

An update of my issue:

2 errors are discovered in my environment:

Source WMI
Error ID 10
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceOperationEvent WHERE TargetInstance ISA "ccm_siteassignment"" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/ccm/Policy/Machine" because of error 0x80041010. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

When I remove a distribution point the fololowing error appears:

Source Critical
Error ID 1
System.NullReferenceException\r\nObject reference not set to an instance of an object.\r\n at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.SiteSystems.DeleteServer.DeleteDP(Object sender, ScopeNode scopeNode, ActionDescription action, IResultObject selectedResultObject, PropertyDataUpdated dataUpdatedDelegate, Status status)\r\n

I also looked into the Database and found that the dbo.DistributionPoint table is empty. So when a DP is created it is not added to the DB This does explain the second error when removing a Distribution Point.

I redownloaded all my sources and did a full reinstall. After that the same errors are there again.

Can't seem to find much information about these error. Anyone any clue?

Update:

My collega installed SCCM in his test environment over the weekend. He used his own sources and created a totaly new and clean domain for it on his own systems. He followed his own guides and manuals.

The wierd thing is that now he has the same issue as i have in my environment. The first error in his eventlog is the WMI error and after removing the DP the second error about the null reference is found.

I'm starting to believe is because of the SCCM iso we download: SW_DVD5_Sys_Ctr_2012_R2_MultiLang_ConfMgr_ML_MLF_X19-18215.ISO

definetly a weird issue and from my time looking at it i couldn't figure it out, the logs look ok, the status looks ok, so perhaps you are missing a hotfix, have you tried applying cu4 yet ?

Hi,

Thanks again for looking at this issue! At least we found some errors :-)

I've tried installing with CU2, CU3 and CU4, must have reinstalled about 12 times now.

The wierdest part is that my collegue is experiencing the same.

Update:

I tried some other things this week to try and work arround this problem:

I installed SCCM 2012 SP1 on my Windows 2012R2 server. The result is the still the same, no Distribution Point

I installed Windows 2008R2 with SCCM 2012 R2. Also the result in this environment is the same, still no Distribution Point available.

I'm doing something terrible wrong, but I can't find it :(