dooty22

Using a Fallback Status Point in 2012 R2 ?

Im interested in using one in an upcoming deployment to monitor client installation issues but finding it difficult get information.

The following seems to only apply to sccm 2007.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/library/bb680830.aspx

Im interested in a few things namely:

- Is there an issue installing the role on an existing DP or does it need its own server ?

- Any pre-req's ?

- How is the information displayed or what information I do get from setting one up ? Is it in status messages or do I run reports or ?

- Does it generate much traffic (ie Will reporting to the FSP from clients at remote locations be an issue or do I need an FSP at each remote site?

any advice appreciated.

• It doesn't have to be a separate server, but do keep in mind that it's the most useful with IBCM and than you want to place it strategically and probably on it's own.
  • You can find the prerequisites here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682077.aspx#BKMK_Win2k12SiteSystemPrereqs

• There are reports available;
  • No, because you should assume that you're clients will be able to communicate as you would otherwise have bigger and different problems.