RobJanssen86

WSUS shows Silverlight security updates, SCCM 2012 R2 console not

I found this https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/67e68789-0075-4600-b445-0ccb6bf87cae/silverlight-kb3011970-listed-as-expired Which initially seemed promising but while SCCM now recognises the updates and will deploy them, the workstations aren't picking them up etc. That is probably something I have done rather than an issue with the process.

Your other option is to deploy it as an Application or Package.

I found this https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/67e68789-0075-4600-b445-0ccb6bf87cae/silverlight-kb3011970-listed-as-expired Which initially seemed promising but while SCCM now recognises the updates and will deploy them, the workstations aren't picking them up etc. That is probably something I have done rather than an issue with the process.

Your other option is to deploy it as an Application or Package.

That is what I did, I created a package for the upgrade and deployed it silently. No problem at all.

But it needs to be working via the Software Update process (with ADR and so one). The SCCM 2012 client (Software center e.g.) rely on Silverlight, maybe that's the reason?

That is what I did, I created a package for the upgrade and deployed it silently. No problem at all.

But it needs to be working via the Software Update process (with ADR and so one). The SCCM 2012 client (Software center e.g.) rely on Silverlight, maybe that's the reason?

Did you have any issues with it not being detected by clients? My test machines reference it in one line of the update logs but nothing happens after that and no errors are posted.

I have the some problem. I am currently cleaning the WSUS database with cleanup wizard. I was wondering if anybody has also tried to re-index and defrag the WSUS database?

I am following the directions in the house of cards link found the following technet forum post.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9aa6c4b5-963b-43a7-b5bc-cb21dd76e7be/where-is-silverlight-in-wsus?forum=winserverwsus

I have the some problem. I am currently cleaning the WSUS database with cleanup wizard. I was wondering if anybody has also tried to re-index and defrag the WSUS database?

I am following the directions in the house of cards link found the following technet forum post.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9aa6c4b5-963b-43a7-b5bc-cb21dd76e7be/where-is-silverlight-in-wsus?forum=winserverwsus

I also ran the cleanup wizard. Didn't tried to re-index and defrag the database.

If you have any result, please let us know!

I didn't have any success with re-indexing wsus and I haven't tried a defrag. Re-index was supposed to repair any problems with wsus metadata but ours was fine.

Did manage to import update (KB3011970) into SCCM but still waiting for a service window.

I can't see the Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB3011218) item in your original WSUS screen shot - it would be down just a little further down (beneath the security updates) in the search box. If you don't see it you would need to import the update into WSUS and then sync with SCCM.

Open WSUS console select Updates and in the Action Pane select import - this will open the microsoft catalogue in IE. Search for Silverlight and grab the 3011970 update. I also had to approve it and then sync up SCCM then the update popped up in All Software Updates. I downloaded it and checked it was not expired and not superseded. I had some trouble adding it to the software update group (it kept disappearing) but it stuck after 3 attempts. The clients now have the update listed on the deployment tab for the client properties.

FYI: we are also using SCCM 2012 R2. I this is a Microsoft issue and not our setup/s.

If I don't see it pushing out version 5.1.31211.0 tonight I will likely make a mandatory package, possibly with an uninstaller for our current version (5.1.30515.0) and hope microsoft release another update soon

Apologies for the lengthy post.