Nunzi0

Rollback Windows Update

I recently deployed an update for Office 2010 through an auto-deployment rule. This particular update caused some errors in the Outlook calendar when trying to invite users to meetings who are not members of our domain, but rather users of another domain in a trust. The issue is that it caused Outlook to crash completely every time this was attempted. I was able to manually remove the update via the 'View Installed Updates' link in the Programs and Features menu. However, anything i try to get this uninstalled in any other method has not worked.

qzTGUTA.jpg?1

Here's what i tried:

Following these instructions: https://weikingteh.wordpress.com/2013/05/13/how-to-rollback-remove-a-patch-using-sccm-configmgr/

I created a Task Sequence that runs this command line: C:\Windows\System32\wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:2687455 /quiet /norestart

The end result was 100% failure. The errors shown in the ConfigMgr console under deployments show message ID 11170, and error: The task sequence manager could not successfully complete execution of the task sequence. Running this command locally on any device (with the /quite variable taken out) results in an error also.

3SYrUc1.jpg?1

Next i tried using DISM using help from this post. I used the command: dism /online /get-packages /format:table

The problem is that the package is not listed. It appears that this only lists packages for the operating system and not installed applications. Is there something i am missing here? How are you all doing this?

Never had the need to remove a service pack of Office, but I can imagine that it's not as straight forward as a normal update. A quick search gave the tool below, have you looked at that: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd723551%28v=office.14%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

• Like 1

Never had the need to remove a service pack of Office, but I can imagine that it's not as straight forward as a normal update. A quick search gave the tool below, have you looked at that: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd723551%28v=office.14%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

This Service Pack tool is exactly what the doctor ordered. Worked perfectly to do what i needed. Thanks!