Leo

Adding Homepage in System Restore ZTI OSD

Question

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how can i add homepage setting for IE in System Restore process in ZTI.

I have done couple of scripts but it added to the Local Machine but not to the current user.

However, i also thought that packaging a vbs script (which sets the homepage) and a bat file(which calls the homepage.vbs) in a winrar sfx would help. What i did here is, i made it as an application and call it during the System Restore in ZTI in SMS. Winrar extracts those 2 files in a temp folder in C: Root. But does not change the Homepage.

I read it somewhere that using reg.exe can be done. But i didn't find any resource how to do it.

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Regards,

Leo

1 answer to this question

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how can i add homepage setting for IE in System Restore process in ZTI.

I have done couple of scripts but it added to the Local Machine but not to the current user.

However, i also thought that packaging a vbs script (which sets the homepage) and a bat file(which calls the homepage.vbs) in a winrar sfx would help. What i did here is, i made it as an application and call it during the System Restore in ZTI in SMS. Winrar extracts those 2 files in a temp folder in C: Root. But does not change the Homepage.

I read it somewhere that using reg.exe can be done. But i didn't find any resource how to do it.

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Regards,

Leo

I don´t quite get the method you are using atm. But if you want to manipulate IE settings i think the best way is to use reghacks or policys.

This site descibes how the "reg" command works:

http://ss64.com/nt/reg.html

This script change the startpage for the user running the script (current user). Note it should be saved with the .vbs extension.

Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001

strComputer = "."
Set objReg = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")

strKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main"
ValueName = "Start Page"
strValue = "http://www.google.com"
objReg.SetStringValue HKEY_CURRENT_USER, strKeyPath, ValueName, strValue

If you want to set a global value for all user i sugest you manipulate this reg key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Hope this helps.