crazy_admin

SCCM Power Management - restrict end user from changing power plan

Hello,

i have implemented power management policy via SCCM 2012.

i have configured a customized power plan and applied it to collection, i can see power plan is active on user's system normally.

But end user can change the power plan to "balanced" or "power saver"

i want to restrict end user from changing power plan when SCCM custom plan is active.

Also, i wanted to know the process how and when SCCM will check for applied power plan whether it is custom SCCM deployed power plan or user has changed power plan.

which setting in SCCM should i enable to enforce SCCM to check for applied power plan and if its not custom SCCM power plan, revert power plan to custom plan.

There isn't much too the process. CM12 download the policy that apply to them and apply them.. So exactly what you are looking for?

Exactly what setting under custom device setting have you select within the Power Management option?

Actually i have configured Power plan for collection.

But user can change power plan on their computer in spite of SCCM configured Power Plan.But after some time power plan reverts back to SCCM configured power plan.

I want to know this process.

and I want to know which group policy should i configure to restrict users from changing SCCM configured Power plans.?

The reason they can change the power plan on there own is because you aren't locking it down via GPO. When SCCM pulls a policy it also pulls your power plan settings. Depending on your policy refresh this is a 15+ minute window repetative policy refresh.

To keep them from being able to change the setting you need to lock it down via a GPO.