Ronald

Windows 7 Updates Error

Hi, I am having problems when deploying Windows 7 SP1.The task sequence fails after the client check step and runs detect updates and fails. I added the hotfix, created a build and capture collection deployed my Windows 7 updates. Moved my PC into the collection. Added a restart after the hotfix and after updates. I got a little different error this time. I have tried different ideas online based on my search for the errors in my TS. None of them i could make it to work. I have downloaded Windows 7 updates x64 bit only since my image is x64. I have removed double restart updates. I have 327 updates. Please if you have faced similar problems or any suggestion that would help me would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Here is the Smsts.log https://drive.google.com/.../0ByjaM5kbVCI.../view...

Below is my TS sequence. If you need more info please let me know. I am trying new things i am reading online. If you have ideas please mention it below.

smsts.log

post-29162-0-02258900-1426750947_thumb.png

smsts-20150319-012210.log

Hei,

For the Errors: 0x80041002 & 0x80070005 I have not encountered these before, but will look around and see what I have.

But for the final error: 0x80070002 - I have had this before and it stemmed from a rights issue. Basically the machine client was not authenticated to access the TS. I had to enable "Anonymous Access" and then my (new\unknown) machines could see the relevant TS during PXE deployments.

Setting is here:

Did not have "Allow Anonymous Access" enabled. Enabled it and OSD TS worked. Typical.

To enable: Administration > Distribution Points > Properties > General tab > "Allow clients to connect anonymously"

And now I remember - the 0x80070005 is also tied to anonymous access. I had that when trying to deploy application updates through the Software Centre client. When the access was not enabled I would get a popup with that error msg.

The same setting for "Allow clients to connect anonymously" should resolve it for you.

Looking at your other error, the literature seems to indicate it may be a spelling\naming error ( "https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/45683766-2370-41f5-b2a0-87bd16984664/sccm-problem-task-sequence-install-software" ) Perhaps this will help...?

Hei,

For the Errors: 0x80041002 & 0x80070005 I have not encountered these before, but will look around and see what I have.

But for the final error: 0x80070002 - I have had this before and it stemmed from a rights issue. Basically the machine client was not authenticated to access the TS. I had to enable "Anonymous Access" and then my (new\unknown) machines could see the relevant TS during PXE deployments.

Setting is here:

Did not have "Allow Anonymous Access" enabled. Enabled it and OSD TS worked. Typical.

To enable: Administration > Distribution Points > Properties > General tab > "Allow clients to connect anonymously"

Hey bro thanks for the tips but this was ticked when i first setup SCCM Server. So in my case this can't be the issue.

And now I remember - the 0x80070005 is also tied to anonymous access. I had that when trying to deploy application updates through the Software Centre client. When the access was not enabled I would get a popup with that error msg.

The same setting for "Allow clients to connect anonymously" should resolve it for you.

Looking at your other error, the literature seems to indicate it may be a spelling\naming error ( "https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/45683766-2370-41f5-b2a0-87bd16984664/sccm-problem-task-sequence-install-software" ) Perhaps this will help...?

Looking at, i don't think it applies to me since i am not even able to reach application steps and i don't use batch to install applications. I have deployed Windows 7 without updates and never had any problems. The problem starts to appear when i add the step install updates.