cwhitmore

Trying to deploy EXE through System Center

I'd like to make available the Real Player (called Real Player Cloud now.) I've manually setup the application since it's an EXE install with just "setup.exe" no switches and just "setup.exe /uninstall" for the uninstall portion. When I try to run the app from System Center on a Windows 7 desktop (logged in as a local admin), it prompts for whether I want it to install a desktop icon, etc... then it fails with:

"The software change returned error code 0x87D00324 (-2016410844)"

I've googled it and one of the suggestions was the change the method of determining if it was installed. I changed it from Folder to Registry, but no luck.

If I copy that setup.exe directly to the workstation it prompts for desktop icon, etc... then install fine.

0x87D00324 = not detected after installation.

The error isnt always right.

Question:

Did you select the deployment type as Script installer or msi?

As far as i know, for detection method to function properly the requirement is to select "script installer" for .exe-files