swampgoose

SCCM 2012 Software Update client download issues

Hi All,

I manage 2 separate SCCM 2012 environments with stand-alone site servers and one them works as I have expected (I followed the guide on this site). The other environment doesn't seem to work as well. It started out just fine, and I was able to successfully download, deploy and install Microsoft updates to our clients. The following month, less than half received, downloaded and installed the updates; the others received the deployment, but never downloaded. In the Software Center, they would get as far as "Downloading 0%" and that was only after I manually clicked "Install". Now all of my systems in that environment cannot download the patches

I have poured though logs and I see two things that seem to indicate a problem, but I do not know how to fix the problem.

1) in the client CIDownloader log I am seeing the line "ReadStringFromFile failed (0x80070002)"

2) in the Locationservices log I see where the client calls for the distribution point and it received the WSUS location. However, when updates are deployed, that changes to "Calling back with empty distribution points list"

All the other logs seem to indicate everything is ok. The entire process works up to when the client needs to download the actual update and I cannot figure out what is causing the issue. I am using a domain admin account to deploy and the machine account is part of the domain admins as well. I have not made any changes on the site server from the first month and yet clients cannot no longer download.

I have tried removing and re-adding the Distribution point a couple times, with no results and I have reconstructed by Boundaries (using IP ranges) and my one Boundary group. The only other issue I run into is when I create the deployment and download the updates from the internet, I receive a 12007 error. I then close the SCCM console and re-open and try again; then I do not get the error and patches download just fine.

I have google all I could and I dont know what else to do short of rebuilding the entire server. If anyone has any ideas, I would be glad to try them if I already haven't. I can post sections from the logs if requested.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!