gvlaarho

ADD Remote DP by DNS Alias

Hello,

I am trying to add a new DP with one DNS Alias but nothing happens and never success

If i add this one with the netbios name, there are no problems.

Is it possible with Alias or not ?

If Yes what i am missing ?

Thanks

Hello Jones,

Simply to have more clearly name than the company adapted naming convention and also to quickly replace the machine if needed with another host name (Strict company policy that prohibits usage twice a same host name)

Is it possible to explain me technically why is it not supported ? SCCM see correctly the Alias but do nothing

SPN, Kerberos ? ....

Thanks

The simple answer is WMI and how CM12 queries it. if you want more than that you will need to contact your TAM and get them to give you and official support statement.

But IMO why do you care if you need to replace a DP and it has a new name? Client will get the new name form the MP and therefore will know about the new DP within an hour so....

• Like 1