day79

Software Updates

Question

I guess I don't understand the reboot feature of software updates. I want the clients to install the updates during business hours, but not to reboot until the maintenance window. On the deployment properties, under the Schedule tab, I checked ignore maintenance windows and install immediately at deadline. I thought that meant it would download and install the updates immediately, but not reboot until the maintenace window is reached. Under Restart Settings tab, I do not have Allow system restart outside of maintenance windows checked. I thought this would have to be checked to allow any reboot. I guess I could check the Suppress restart on Workstations, but I was told that won't allow reboots even during maintenance window. I verified there was only one maintenace window for my clients and that it wasn't even close to that span of time. I still get a popup saying the machine will reboot in 10 minutes. Can someone corret me and tell me what I need to do? I appreciate it!

2 answers to this question