mmenzie

is it possible to deploy an application, an EXE, and a script in order to a machine?

When I deploy office 2010 to machines in my environment I also have to deploy MODI controls from 0ffice 2007 and then run a script to move and copy some files and folder. I have an office 2010 application deployment already working in SCCM now. I have the MODI controls packaged with an setup.exe on a server share, and I have the script I need to run after MODI is installed on a server share.

So currently what I do is deploy office to the machine with SCCM. when the deployment is done, I remote to the machine and access the server share and run the setup.exe for the MODI install and when that is done access the server share with the script and run it.

is there a way I can do all three IN ORDER with SCCM 2012 R2 in an automated way so I don't have to remote in and do the last two steps manually??

.exe, .bat, reg files etc.. would be a package in SCCM and not an application.

.MSI would be an application.

All you need to do to deploy a script is create a package and point it to your .exe or .bat file etc.. If you are using UNC path's in your file to point to your install files make sure that the share allows for everyone to have access as the SCCM account that will be used is the system account for that specific machine you deploy it to.

If you want your existing application to run first simply add it to the top of your script and set your "installation Program" under the deployment type to point to your script file rather than the usual "msiexec /i setupblahblah.msi /q" See my example below for my office install based off a script.

33vlquo.jpg

What I'm doing in my script is first uninstalling Microsoft Office Communicator, then I copy a Uninstall.xml file into the MSOCache folder for office 2010 and kick off the uninstall command for office 2010. Finally it installs office 2013 onto the machine and restarts the machine. Script file below: I have both the 32-bit and 64-bit folders listed below but you just remove one of them depending on the version of office the person has.

@ECHO OFF
ECHO Uninstalling Office Communicator
ECHO Please Wait while Office Communicator is removed...
msiexec /x {0D1CBBB9-F4A8-45B6-95E7-202BA61D7AF4} /q
ECHO Uninstall Complete.
ECHO Please close out of all Office applications (Including Outlook, Word, and Excel).
ECHO Uninstalling Microsoft Office 2010 ...
xcopy Uninstall.xml "c:\MSOCache\All Users\{90140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\*"
xcopy Uninstall.xml "c:\MSOCache\All Users\{90140000-0011-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE}-C\*"
cd "C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C"
setup.exe /uninstall ProPlus /config ".\Uninstall.xml"
cd "C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90140000-0011-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE}-C"
setup.exe /uninstall ProPlus /config ".\Uninstall.xml"
ECHO Uninstall Complete
cd /d %~dp0
setup.exe
ECHO The Office Installation has been completed, The system will restart in 15 seconds
shutdown /r /t 15

It seems like you would have two choices. You could create a batch file that included all of the installs, and deploy it as a single application. Or, you could create three separate applications and use dependencies to make sure that they deployed in the proper order.

I must be reading the reply from Garrett804 wrong because it seems like he is saying that only an .MSI can be distributed using the application model. This must be a misunderstanding on my part because you obviously can distribute a script or an .exe installation using an application.