hpaulus

Bios Password

Question

Hey guys im new on SCCM 2012, I read a lot and I install a SCCM following your instruction, thanks a lot.

At the moment Im stucked in my lab trying to set the BIOS supervisor password on a TS. This is the information:

Machine: Lenovo M92P/M93P ThinkCentre

I got everything working nice but my department require BIOS password for all machines (more than 1000), I research on lenovo website with no success and Im looking a solution or advise if I have to use a TS or Script or a command line, something that Works!!!!.

I found this ....

(Get-WmiObject -Class Lenovo_SetBiosSetting -Namespace root\wmi -ComputerName computername -ErrorAction Stop).SetBiosSetting("After Power Loss,Power Off")

(Get-WmiObject -Class Lenovo_SaveBiosSettings -Namespace root\wmi -ComputerName computername -ErrorAction Stop).SaveBiosSettings("Password,ascii,us")

But doesn't works.

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Hello, i have done a similar Package deployment of a bios password to all our HP Machines, (2500+)

Using the below command

biosconfigutility /nspwd:"PASSWORD"

I got the tool from the HP Site, and made a query for the collection, so any new PC's that get imaged, automatically get the Bios Password instead of re-deploying

Here's the Query below

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.Model = "HP Compaq 6005 Pro MT PC" or SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.Model = "HP Compaq Pro 6305 MT" or SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.Model = "HP Compaq Pro6305 Microtower"

Hope that helps