Chongy

Get Deployments to a resource.....among other things.

G'day Everyone

New to community, not sure why as I have always used this site to help with SCCM issues. Thought it was time to join and ask a question/s that might be easily answered.

We have SCCM 2012, did not design it and have limited access to do anything.

What I would like to do before a reimage occurs.

Get a list of all deployments to a resource (thought something like this Get-CMCollectionOfDevice1.ps1) and write it to a file on a file server? Is there something better?

Then I would like to be able to add them back to the computer once it is reimaged. I hope there is some cmdlet but I would really like to have some entry in the OSD task sequence that can run and add this information (dynamically) but happy to run it after the fact as well. I imagine for testing of this I would need to run it post but be nice to know if anyone has used some dynamic task sequence scenario?

Ultimately I would like to be able to write the collections/deployments to a text file and then add them to a computer.

As said earlier, I have limited control but can get offline media to test running some pre and post stuff to see if is suitable.

Hope it makes sense, am I over thinking this or does anyone have other suggestions?

Appreciated everyone's time.

Chongy

If you aren't removing the machine from the domain then AD will still have it and thus SCCM will have it in its DB. With it being in the DB it won't dis-join itself from collections and once the machine is back on the network and given its name again it will pull policy and should recognize all the existing memberships to collections.

I could be wrong but that is my understanding of what would happen in this scenario. Now if you are re-naming the machine then that of course would change the scenario I'm describing.

If you aren't removing the machine from the domain then AD will still have it and thus SCCM will have it in its DB. With it being in the DB it won't dis-join itself from collections and once the machine is back on the network and given its name again it will pull policy and should recognize all the existing memberships to collections.

I could be wrong but that is my understanding of what would happen in this scenario. Now if you are re-naming the machine then that of course would change the scenario I'm describing.

Thank mate for the reply. I would expect that as well but for some reason there choice is to delete from AD so assume that when it connects it has new GUID. I'm just trying to work something out with what I have to work with, the long way around.

Appreciate your time though.

Brendon

Hey Again

So when you go to properties of either an asset or user there is a deployment tab that lists deployments to this resource, is there a cmdlet or way to get that information into a text file?

Thanks
Brendon