xzile609

Skip SCCM Client install task sequence

Is it possible to have a task sequence that skips the client install sccm 2012 R2?

The client install package takes very long to deploy none of the hotfixes help the issue.

I would just like to put it in the base image and skip that step.

is there anyway to put in a step that exits winpe and continues on without that step?

it's not possible, if you want to skip the client installation altogether then use MDT task sequences (not MDT integrated in SCCM).

if the computers are installed with MDT then why would you create task sequence in Configmgr ?

you can always install an MDT created image using Configmgr, then after the image is laid down you can run another script or package to uninstall the configmgr client agent and all associated things (such as certificates),

the question is why do you want to do this ?

Sorry to hijack an old thread, but I just felt the urge to register here to answer the last question in this thread.
Also, I get so many equally "not thought through" answers from people who have never worked in the same environment as I do.

We are a public service (municipality), and we service our employees with a standard image from sccm.

Now and then, we need to clean a computer, and install a standard Windows 10 image onto it.
We do this because sometimes we resell our computers to employees, and for now we are using a usb stick to install a base image on every sold computer.

We aquired a separate product key for that use, but it's a pain to enter this product key for every installation we do. Also, it's not every pc we are able to boot on usb, it may have something to do with secure boot, haven't figured that out yet.
And, yes, it's a MAK key, so we can put it into a TS.

Anyway, we have the need for installing a "clean" windows on a pc, and we would like it to be as easy as pressing F12.

In addition to that explanation, I would advice you to refrain to stop asking "why", but rather "how".
There is ALWAYS people with needs you haven't even thought about, and asking "why" will certainly going to annoy someone, like myself (no hard feelings).
That said, you DID post a solution (install/uninstall), and kudos for that.

Hopefully that answered your "why" question, at least in my case, but my point is still, never ask "why", just answer "how", or don't answer at all unless technical info is missing..

Edited by Robert Voje