Westy182

Deploying Windows To Go 8.1 using a Task Sequence

Hi guys,

Firstly, I'm sorry if i'm in the wrong forum. I wasn't sure whether to post in here or the deploying windows 8.1 section.

I'm attempting to build a Kingston Data Traverler USB stick with my corporate Windows 8.1 image using SCCM 2012 R2 with MDT 2013 integration. I have created a Prestaged media wim of the 8.1 TS and then used the wtgcreator.exe tool to apply this wim to my USB. When I boot to the USB it fires up into WinPE and I select the TS as normal. Everything is working fine until I hit the "Apply Operating System Image" step due to partitioning issues, see atached smsts.log and screen shot from the log.

So my question is, what configuration do I need to use in my task sequence on the "Format and Partition Disk" and "Apply Operating System Image" steps to make it compatible with a WTG stick? I'd love to hear from anyone that's got this working in their business as WTG doesn't appear to have taken off too well from what I've seen, but I think it's a really handy thing to have in your pocket.

Thanks in advance.

Westy

smsts-20150501-192832.log

post-23667-0-23203000-1430480170_thumb.jpg

Ok, well I managed to fix this by changing the apply os image stage specifically to "next available formatted partition" instead of "specific disk and partition" that i'd previously read about on another forum. Anyway it's working fine now.