P@docIT

Required OSD advertisement rerun if previous failed.

Question

Hello All,

I am curious how you get a failed OSD advert to rerun in 2012. I want to be able to assign roles to our satellite offices so that they can refresh their PCs by moving them into a "refresh" collection. However i am trying to figure what the steps would be for them to rerun the advert if the OSD fails. The deployment is set to rerun if failed previous attempt. Is there a way for them to rerun the advert without deleting/recreating the deployment? In my test I tried removing/re-adding the machine from the collection, but that doesn't seem to have kicked off the rerun.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

5 answers to this question

Yes it would be required deployment. I will give this a try. I have to say that Microsoft should change the verbiage of that option. I'm not PXE booting so I wouldn't think to run that in this scenario. Just creates a bit of confusion.

Thanks,

Mike

Do you know if there is a log I can check for any information on if it's retrying, etc. I have yet to be able to rerun the advertised OSD without deleting/recreating the deployment.

In my opinion if "rerun on failed previous" is set then at some interval of time the machine should retry OR I should be able to force a retry immediately. I find it perplexing that this functionality seems to be missing.