Azfar

Trying to Install SP1 for SCCM 2012 - but some files failed to copied on system drive folder

Question

While upgrading SCCM on SP1 I am facing this issue and setup is not properly finished.

Some of the files are not copied. However I have uploaded the log file here for clear picture of the scenario.

It is showing CORE SETUP COMPLETED

INFO: Copy files in DeviceClientDeployment\ClientTransfer folder
Configuration Manager Setup 5/5/2015 13:27:08 5924 (0x1724)
INFO: Copy files in OSD\bin\x64 folder Configuration Manager Setup 5/5/2015 13:27:08 5924 (0x1724)
ERROR: Failed to copy C:\USERS\ADMINISTRATOR.QICT_NT\DESKTOP\SCCM\EN\SMSSETUP\OSD\bin\x64\bcd.mof to d:\program files\microsoft configuration manager\osd\bin\x64\bcd.mof, Win32 error = 3 Configuration Manager Setup 5/5/2015 13:27:08 5924 (0x1724)
ERROR: Failed to copy C:\USERS\ADMINISTRATOR.QICT_NT\DESKTOP\SCCM\EN\SMSSETUP\OSD\bin\x64\bcd.mof to d:\program files\microsoft configuration manager\osd\bin\x64\bcd.mof. Configuration Manager Setup 5/5/2015 13:27:08 5924 (0x1724)
~===================== Failed Configuration Manager 2012 Server Setup - Upgrade ===================== Configuration Manager Setup 5/5/2015 13:27:08 5924 (0x1724)

ConfigMgrSetup.log

2 answers to this question

Now I am unable to open the console of SCCM and getting this error I don't know why - may be because of setup failure.

The Configuration Manager console cannot connect to the Configuration Manager site database. Verify the following:

• This computer has network connectivity to the SMS Provider computer.
• Your user account has Remote Activation permission on the Configuration Manager site server and the SMS Provider computer.
• The Configuration Manager console version is supported by the site server.
• You are assigned to at least one role-based administration security role.
• You have the following WMI permissions to the Root\SMS and Root\SMS\site_<site code> namespaces: Execute Methods, Provider Write, Enable Account, and Remote Enable.