Damo

Client Settings - Software Updates

Quick question, do I need to have the client settings for Software Updates enabled in order to use an ADR to apply Forefront Client DAT (SCEP) updates to clients, we have an issue with the WUA agent on our clients and I want to disable software updates scans until Microsoft resolve the issue but I don't want to stop our DAT files going out to our clients.

Thanks

That unfortunately is the crux of the problem, I have Microsoft looking at the issue and they cant seem to find a problem, my issue is that clients I have that have 2GB of RAM on them, when CCMEXEC runs an update scan those clients with 2GB of RAM are grinding to a halt and the PC unfortunately becomes un-useable for my users.

Honestly tried my best to convince the MS support engineer that these were our symptoms, I had seen that article recently and because we didn't have exactly the same error code only the symptoms he just wouldn't accept that it was the same, I offered to test any hotfix in development as well. My hair is going grey over this I now have had to turn off updates scan cycle on my clients now to stave off these symptoms. We are looking to update those clients on 2gb but it takes time to replace or upgrade these machines and seeing as 2gb is the recommended by MS it's pretty frustrating. Thanks for listening and replying Garth.

The minimum is 1 GB for Windows 7 but honestly I haven't not seen anything less than 4GB (3.5GB on x86) in years!

If you have a TAM tell him about your issue and get him to "look at it". They will then get the right person to work on it.