joengelhart

Software Updates Reboot Ballon

Hello,

How can I get the Software Center "Reboot pending" balloon to popup in the task bar multiple times? I want to harass our users with the "Reboot pending" notification until they reboot the computer. I don't see a location to set how often the user is notified that a reboot is pending. Any help would be great!

Thanks

It's in the client settings.

Look under the "Computer Restart" tab. I guess you could simply just make it pop-up and set the timer for like 8 hours or something ridiculous like that so that they can't make it go away unless they restart. That box would be the lower of the 2, the top one is for the temporary pop-up and the bottom for the permanent pop-up.

Thanks for the reply. I like the idea and was thinking the same thing however I don't want to "force" a reboot in-case our users still have items open. (Over half our users never log off at night). When updates finish installing you get the little balloon in the bottom right corner that comes up and says "Restart required, Recently installed software requires your computer to restart to complete the installation" I was hopping someone knew a way to make this balloon come up like every hour or half hour!

Yeah I was testing the restart notifications but it seems like if you set it to auto reboot 24 hours later the user only see the notification once? Do I have something set wrong? I need my users to see multiple times that they need to reboot!

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply.

We have users that work around the clock and some that don't log off at night. My boss does not want us to force a reboot in-case someone is working or has left work open over night. It seems odd to me that SCCM has no way to remind the user that they need to reboot.

Thanks,