Oilers93

Disabling Drivers

Hello,

I've been having some issues installing the correct audio drivers for one of my models during a task sequence. During my troubleshooting I would disable a driver and then restart the OSD task sequence only to receive the same error from the driver when logging in.

My question is, when I disable a driver in its respective driver package, do I need to update the distribution point before restarting the OSD task sequence or will it just know to ignore the installation?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Disabling it should do it, without the need to update the package, it's worked for me before now.

Possibly picking up a different driver again?

With my sequences I've had similar issues so i narrow down what driver package installs what. maybe try creating a driver package for the specific model, and add in an OSD query to then use only the driver category you specify - example of what i use attached.

post-24011-0-69805600-1432646295_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your response Apexes. Wasn't sure or not if it was necessary to update the DP.

I'm with you, in my Apply Driver package steps I do have WMI query to only install if the machine model matches that of the driver package. Works great. I was just more or less having issues tracking down the specific driver inside my Optiplex 755 driver package that was responsible for installing a driver that "isn't supported for this OS" and pops up every-time the user logs in. This can be easily removed from the start-up but it's just a pain. I know that it's one of the sound drivers so now it's just going to take some trial and error to see which ones are needed and which one isn't.