jo_in_paris

Problem with Software Update Group

hi all,

I expose my issue : in the begining of the deployment of Software update, we added by error Internet Explorer 11 in the Software Update Group for all of the Windows 7 updates.

We removed this update from the software update group at the request of our direction, and now it's time to add it again as we want to make it available.

So what we did : go to Software updates > Select Internet Explorer 11 (which is already downloaded) > Right Click > Edit Membership > Check the Software Update Group where it belongs to.

Problem : after several hours (I think when the ADR runs), Internet Explorer 11 is automatically unchecked from the Software update group. Impossible to keep it checked and available for this group...

To be honest, I have already search for a long time now and I'm totally out of new ideas..

Does anyone have an idea what could happened or if i'm making something wrong??

Thanks in advance,

Jo

ADR do not change the update membership when the Rule runs.you may check the ADR rule to identify what updates the it has been downloaded etc to troubleshoot the issue.

can you add the IE11 update(memnership) to existing update group and run the ADR rule if that changes anything instead of waiting for hours to confirm ?

This is exactly what I did.. I add IE11 in the correct Software Update group. Then I run the ADR rule. Then I have a look in the software update group again > IE11 is not there anymore...

I'm totally lost.. I will maybe just recreate my software update group from the beginning if I cannot find something better...