DizzleSizzle

ia64 Boot Image

Question

Hello,

I am in the process of creating custom Boot PE images for SCCM. I have successfully created my own x86 and x64 Boot PE images and was able to add them to SCCM, my problem is with ia64. I am using WindowsAIK 1.1 on a stand alone machine and using the same steps as the previous custom boot PE's that I created that worked perfectly in SCCM. Here are the steps I am taken:

Copype ia64 %rootdirectory%

Once copied i then mount the image, once mounted I added the 3 required components for SCCM (*Scripting* *WMI* *XML*) they all install fine.

Then I inject the drivers that i need for my environment which they all added fine.

Once that is completed i then finalize which completes and then unmount the wim.

I then copy this folder to the SCCM directory which holds all the other custom Boot PE's that i created which has all the correct permissions needed because I have used all the others fine. When i go into the admin counsel to add a new boot image, i am able to select the wim from UNC path scrolls through working a few times then I get an error, stating that i need to make sure that the folder or files are not "read only" and have permissions to modify the file. Permissions are set the same as all the others and I don't have any issues with those. Any help would be great.

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet