crmatthews

Incorrect Client Version and reporting issues

Ok that is something we shall look into, do you think that could be something to do with the issue we are having, as it seems SCCM does get the right client information, but then some how reverts back?

If it is reverting back that would suggest a SQL issue but start by looking at why you are not getting HW inv. http://www.enhansoft.com/blog/troubleshooting-inventory-flow

Ok so using that guide applied to the Data Discovery Collection Cycle, when i am running the action, on the client inventory log i can see its running, it's successful in sending to the MP and i can see a record in the IIS logs. I can also see a record in the MP_Ddr log, for today, so that would suggest that its done a scan today? Yet in the console it says last scan was yesterday?

This is what todays log says:

Full report from client M31-01, action description = Discovery 01/01/1601 00:00:00 0 (0x0000)
Ddr Task: Translate report attachment to file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\auth\ddm.box\MOHLB96O.DDR" returned 0 01/01/1601 00:00:00 0 (0x0000)
Mp Message Handler: copying attachment to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\auth\ddm.box\DdrAttachmentCXF5T5KS.xml 01/01/1601 00:00:00 0 (0x0000)
Inv-Ddr Task: processing xml file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\auth\ddm.box\DdrAttachmentCXF5T5KS.xml" 01/01/1601 00:00:00 0 (0x0000)
Yet in the console it says the heartbeat DDR was done yesterday at 8:20

Thats from the MP_Ddr.log. Good question all of the entries are like that on this log. I'm not sure why it's like that.

I've checked and it seems to be Cm Trace not picking up the time stamps, but if i view the log in notepad its time stamped correctly.