itinerant

F12 network service boot

This is probably (hopefully) a really simple thing to fix, but I can't seem to find how to sort it out. I've just set up PXE booting in ConfigMgr 2012, and I would like to get rid of the "press F12 for network service boot" prompt.

Thanks in advance :)

You need to deploy the task sequence to a collection and make it required, not available.

But be aware all members of that collection will boot into PXE and start the task sequence, after that, when imaging is done, the clients reboots to normal state. When you need to reimage that client, you need to clear required pxe deployments on the record

so for testing, create a collection, assign 1 client to this collection, and deploy a required TS.

I renamed the pxeboot.com and pxeboot.n12 in my test environment from the link that SCCMentor provided. I only have Task Sequences deployed as Available and it worked great. A very small but useful change!

Of course, Herwin's suggestion also works.

I renamed the pxeboot.com and pxeboot.n12 in my test environment from the link that SCCMentor provided. I only have Task Sequences deployed as Available and it worked great. A very small but useful change!

Of course, Herwin's suggestion also works.

We have done the same thing. All works great for us! We also have done this for required TS as well. We only use required for unknown devices though.