SpinnZ

Realtek USB to ethernet Device drivers - WinPE 3.0

Hey all,

Cant for the life of me find the right drivers for the RTL8153 USB ethernet driver that came with this Precision M3800 (booting into legacy BIOS, Unable to PXE boot to UEFI but thats another thread :) )

Injected every driver I thought possible into the x64 boot wim and also used Drvload to apply them. Still cant get an IP.

On my windows 8.1 machine the driver installed from windows update is rtu30x64w8.inf.

Ive Injected rtu30x64w7.inf which im sure is the correct driver which is also apart of the Dell cab for WinPE3.0

Tried the driver for XP, Vista, W7, W8 and 8.1 still no IP...

Does there come a point with the latest devices where some of the latest drivers just wont work with WinPE3.0?

With the latest laptops am i missing another driver that should be in the boot image in order for the NIC driver to work? maybe a USB driver?

Anyone had troubles PXE booting with USB to Ethernet devices?

Cheers

The driver is being seen as a USB 3.0 CDROM, unplug the device and plug it back in and it will recongize as a USB Network card. You have to get the right combo of drivers in windows pe 5 and sccm to make it work. Still working on this myself but only found it today.

More info on this here;

http://www.dell.com/support/article/gh/en/ghdhs1/SLN297564/en?c=gh&s=dhs&cs=ghdhs1&l=en

The driver is being seen as a USB 3.0 CDROM, unplug the device and plug it back in and it will recongize as a USB Network card. You have to get the right combo of drivers in windows pe 5 and sccm to make it work. Still working on this myself but only found it today.

More info on this here;

http://www.dell.com/support/article/gh/en/ghdhs1/SLN297564/en?c=gh&s=dhs&cs=ghdhs1&l=en

Thanks alot for the reply! ill take a look into the Dell link you have here.

My only concern is that unplugging and re-plugging doesnt seem to detect it either :(

Can only assume i have the wrong driver combination now.

EDIT: the driver combinations in the link dont look to be too clear for SCCM 2007.

Looks as though ill need to run RTK_NIC_DRIVER_INSTALLER.sfx.exe /s as a pre-start command on the PE image...cant seem to find the driver though. Ill keep looking...Thanks!

Thanks again

No problem, my issue is i'm running SCCM 2012R2 and Windows 8.1 but haven't found the right driver combo yet... been though 4 versions.

Thanks alot for the reply! ill take a look into the Dell link you have here.

My only concern is that unplugging and re-plugging doesnt seem to detect it either :(

Can only assume i have the wrong driver combination now.

EDIT: the driver combinations in the link dont look to be too clear for SCCM 2007.

Looks as though ill need to run RTK_NIC_DRIVER_INSTALLER.sfx.exe /s as a pre-start command on the PE image...cant seem to find the driver though. Ill keep looking...Thanks!

Thanks again