Jeff K

Adobe Flash Not Installing

i am tryingto push Adobe Flash 18.0.0.160 through SCCM using a MSI required deployment. When I do my push it pushes fine but the install is failing. when i look at the log it states error 1603. now we tried pushing 16.0.0.305 and it failed. when i try to install it by hand it statets it is looking for the old version of flash and wants that msi. I have run the unstall tool from Adobe for flash and still get the same error. I also found that sometimes it has around in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\0418CB86AAF391446BEECC6FB06EAD2B. now i made a small batch file to look for it and if found remove it. but it still fails to install. anyone had this issue and a fix? how are others deploying flash to their organization.

Jeff

Don't use the msi installers for Adobe Flash. Tey are pretty bad and result usually in a 10% error rate.

I am using the exe installers for a long time now with a success rate of 100%. The installer is pretty solid.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

"install_flash_player_18_active_x.exe" -install -au 2 -force

"install_flash_player_18_plugin.exe" -install -au 2 -force

post-10753-0-80435300-1434720760_thumb.jpg

post-10753-0-75511400-1434720767_thumb.jpg