Jump to content


Nunzi0

Updates found in WSUS do not sync with ConfigMgr

Recommended Posts

I am trying to figure out why my ConfigMgr is not syncing certain microsoft updates when in reality, they should be. My setup is a standalone primary site with all roles installed on a single server. I've checked WSUS on the server and verified that at least one of the updates i am looking for is in fact downloaded. However, when i check in the SCCM console, it never shows up. I've tried the manual import process using the Microsoft Update Catalog, but am never able to publish to the console.

 

I checked to see if the update required manual input. From what i read on another post regarding a similar issue, updates would download into WSUS but not sync with ConfigMgr if that particular update required user input. This is not the case here.

 

post-26703-0-07424000-1435608991_thumb.png

 

I've also checked for the updates that replaced this one, and found none of them.

 

post-26703-0-05858500-1435608997_thumb.png

 

I made sure i am downloading all of the Office updates i may need in my environment. In this case, this update is for Excel 2010.

 

post-26703-0-63804800-1435609150_thumb.png

 

 

And here it is in WSUS

post-26703-0-92899100-1435609357_thumb.png

 

 

 

Not sure where to go from here. How do i get this update into ConfigMgr?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


check the classifications that you are importing for SCCM. I believe those are security updates for the classification.

 

Another issue may be if they are superceeded or expired it won't sync them into its database. Also if they were there once and are not anymore then it can be that the maintenance task cleaned them out of the SCCM Database.

http://www.mnscug.org/blogs/brian-mason/145-purging-expired-updates-in-cm12

 

That site explains it a bit more but basically there is a weekly task that does the cleaning. If you open your wsyncmgr.log you will see a section where it states its deleting expired updates etc..

 

Updated 78 items in SMS database, new update source content version is 446 SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/29/2015 1:02:47 AM 26816 (0x68C0)
Sync time: 0d00h02m46s SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/29/2015 1:02:47 AM 26816 (0x68C0)
Deleting old expired updates... SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/29/2015 1:02:47 AM 26816 (0x68C0)
Deleted 3 expired updates SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/29/2015 1:02:47 AM 26816 (0x68C0)
Deleted 39 expired updates SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/29/2015 1:02:48 AM 26816 (0x68C0)
Deleted 39 expired updates total SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/29/2015 1:02:48 AM 26816 (0x68C0)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

check the classifications that you are importing for SCCM. I believe those are security updates for the classification.

 

Another issue may be if they are superceeded or expired it won't sync them into its database. Also if they were there once and are not anymore then it can be that the maintenance task cleaned them out of the SCCM Database.

http://www.mnscug.org/blogs/brian-mason/145-purging-expired-updates-in-cm12

 

That site explains it a bit more but basically there is a weekly task that does the cleaning. If you open your wsyncmgr.log you will see a section where it states its deleting expired updates etc..

 

Updated 78 items in SMS database, new update source content version is 446 SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/29/2015 1:02:47 AM 26816 (0x68C0)

Sync time: 0d00h02m46s SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/29/2015 1:02:47 AM 26816 (0x68C0)

Deleting old expired updates... SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/29/2015 1:02:47 AM 26816 (0x68C0)

Deleted 3 expired updates SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/29/2015 1:02:47 AM 26816 (0x68C0)

Deleted 39 expired updates SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/29/2015 1:02:48 AM 26816 (0x68C0)

Deleted 39 expired updates total SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/29/2015 1:02:48 AM 26816 (0x68C0)

 

 

 

I currently have all classifications selected to sync. What confuses me about the updates being possibly superceeded is that the new updates that replaced them should fix the issue/patch the vulnerability. However, i cannot find any of the updates that replaced the original either. Very strange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I just looked through my wsyncmgr.log file specifically for one of those updates on your screenshot.

 

Skipped update c1dcfd69-2509-40c4-b00e-171383062c42 - Security Update for Microsoft Excel 2010 (KB2910902) 32-Bit Edition because it was superseded. SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6/24/2015 1:07:28 AM 5560 (0x15B8)

 

Looks like they are superseded but of course the MS documentation for the updates doesn't say what took their place.. go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...