spannerman

Win8.1 laptop might as well be a brick

Question

Let me explain, a Lenovo G580 laptop with windows 8.1, windows fine one day the next it starts booting, I get a blank screen & mouse cursor and cant do anything else...

So i thought i'd go into the bios & get it into legacy mode so i can boot off Dart8.1, first issue, i cant get into the bios even if i switch off remove the power & battery...

I removed the hard drive to see if i can get to the bios, still cant, i select it from the boot menu but it does nothing, but will boot from a CD, so put the drive back in again & tried again, windows started & was back to where i started, so removed the drive & started boot from a DART8.1 disc and gently pushed the drive in, Dart booted but could not access the hard drive..

So i cant repair windows, I cant get the boot menu up when the hard drive is attached, I cant boot off anything to reinstall windows, anybody got any ideas before this 16 month old laptop gets binned.. the next laptop i buy will have to be able to get to the UEFI bios or i wont be buying..

Cheers..

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet