MortenNF

Dialogbox on Windows login screen from Task Sequence

For example add a couple scripts "message.cmd" and "message.vbs" from a package and run "message.cmd" in the TS.

message.cmd:

start "%~dp0message.vbs"

message.vbs:

x=msgbox("Message text." ,0, "Title Text")

Include both in package source.

Never done it myself, so you would need to test. I called the vbs from the cmd script in hopes that it would not wait for the script to complete and not timeout processing the step.

I tried the above attempt but it didn't work, in fact only thing I could find on google was only for after the user had logged on and using MDT

http://blog.danovich.com.au/2013/01/24/popup-message-during-sccm-task-sequence-in-full-os/

I did come up with something that does work but with a few caveats.

Create a package with a script message.cmd:

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v legalnoticecaption /t REG_SZ /d "Title Text" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v legalnoticetext /t REG_SZ /d "Message Text" /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" /v legalnoticecaption /t REG_SZ /d "reg add \"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\" /v legalnoticecaption /t REG_SZ /d \"\" /f" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" /v legalnoticetext /t REG_SZ /d "reg add \"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\" /v legalnoticetext /t REG_SZ /d \"\" /f" /f

Add a run command line as the last TS step referencing the package:

cmd /c message.cmd

Windows 7 machines that still use ctrl-alt-del policy will have to do that to see it, also only a local administrator can process RunOnce so the message will persist until an admin logs on.

You may need to reboot again after running it also, not sure.