dhlao

PXE boot OSD reboot at "preparing network connections"

Question

This problem happen in my Hyper-V lab. So, I think this is not the NIC driver problem.

Yesterday, I successful made OSD work after Remove the MDT extensions for Configuration Manager. At that time, I thought MDT was the source of problem.

But today, the problem comes again. Nothing has change. How come ? I have no idea :wacko:

4 answers to this question

press f8 and grab your smsts.log file in x:\windows\temp\smstslog

it will reveal the issue

attach it here.

Note that i've a script which will aid you with this type of issue here: CM12 in a Lab - Updated Script: How can I check for network connectivity & storage before starting a task sequence in System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager ?

Hello Admin,

I get the smsts.log

There's 1 error

There are no task sequences available to this computer.. Please ensure you have at least one task sequence advertised to this computer. Unspecified error (Error: 80004005; Source: Windows

No task sequence will cause a reboot at "preparing network connections"

I'm sure the task sequence does exist. And I make a successful OSD yesterday night after "Install the MDT extensions for Configuration Manager".

Yes, opposite to what I did before.

But today morning, problem comes again.

Find something interesting in the log

Skipping Task Sequence P0100009 because it is not active yet.

P0100009 is exactly the task sequence that need to run. And I made it "As soon as possible".

Err...I think I found the problem. It might be the time.

I'm now in Hong Kong, but the Windows time settings is US. The time differences might cause the active time of TS not start immediately.

After I check the UTC box, the task sequence run.

I'll keep trying to see if it is the main reason.

ah you are running CM12R2SP1 ? you didn't say, it's a known bug not yet fixed yet (as of aug 8th, 2015)

to resolve simply set the deployment availability time to the day before and try again