Mowens

Supercedence mapping (in reference to prestaged content question)

I am attempting to write a powershell script for our 2012 SP1 environment that well ask for the input of a package ID and it will prestage its dependencies all in separate pkgx files so it is easier to tell what has already been pre-staged. Each dependency will be named by package ID.

I have the logic to get the dependencies, however I noticed something.

If I go to prestage a file and check the box to include dependencies, it will list the superseded packages as well. If I try to distribute content, it will only list the dependencies.

While researching superscedence and content issues, I have discovered that if it is deployed via Task Sequence, it will download the supersceded application as well.

So this then changes the need for my script, I now need a way to determine what applications an application supersedes through a WMI or SQL query.

Does anyone have any idea where to find that? I am attempting to find it in the DBprov log now, but I was hoping someone might have that info already available.

Still no success parsing through the SMSProv log. I think I am getting closer. I think it is contained in one of the queries below.

I know that If I go to prestage a file and check the box to include dependencies, it will list the superseded packages as well, so I did that from the console and searched the smsprov log or the unique content ID. From this, I know how to see if the package is superseded or not. However, I don't know how to see WHICH packages are related and how.

Here are my results from the SMSPROV log. I am still going though them.

ExecQueryAsync: COMPLETE SELECT * FROM SMS_Application WHERE ModelName='ScopeId_CD03D4A7-4303-464F-A394-C4F9AB1D3FC7/Application_0419330c-5216-4568-8cb3-98c35b6f976e' AND CIVersion=23

Execute SQL =select all SMS_Application.CI_ID,SMS_Application.LocaleID,SMS_Application.ApplicabilityCondition,SMS_Application.CI_ID,SMS_Application.CI_UniqueID,SMS_Application.CIType_ID,SMS_Application.CIVersion,SMS_Application.CreatedBy,SMS_Application.DateCreated,SMS_Application.DateLastModified,SMS_Application.EffectiveDate,SMS_Application.EULAAccepted,SMS_Application.EULAExists,SMS_Application.EULASignoffDate,SMS_Application.EULASignoffUser,SMS_Application.IsUserCI,SMS_Application.HasContent,SMS_Application.IsBundle,SMS_Application.IsDeployable,SMS_Application.IsDeployed,SMS_Application.IsEnabled,SMS_Application.IsExpired,SMS_Application.IsHidden,SMS_Application.IsLatest,SMS_Application.IsQuarantined,SMS_Application.IsSuperseded,SMS_Application.IsSuperseding,SMS_Application.IsUserDefined,SMS_Application.IsVersionCompatible,SMS_Application.LastModifiedBy,SMS_Application.Description,SMS_Application.DisplayName,SMS_Application.CIInformativeURL,SMS_Application.LocaleID,SMS_Application.LogonRequirement,SMS_Application.Manufacturer,SMS_Application.ModelID,SMS_Application.ModelName,SMS_Application.NumberOfDependedDTs,SMS_Application.NumberOfDependentTS,SMS_Application.NumberOfDeployments,SMS_Application.NumberOfDeploymentTypes,SMS_Application.NumberOfDevicesWithApp,SMS_Application.NumberOfDevicesWithFailure,SMS_Application.NumberOfUsersWithApp,SMS_Application.NumberOfUsersWithFailure,SMS_Application.NumberOfUsersWithRequest,SMS_Application.NumberOfVirtualEnvironments,SMS_Application.PermittedUses,SMS_Application.PlatformType,SMS_Application.SDMPackageVersion,SMS_Application.SedoObjectVersion,SMS_Application.SoftwareVersion,SMS_Application.SourceCIVersion,SMS_Application.SourceModelName,SMS_Application.SourceSite,SMS_Application.SummarizationTime from fn_ListApplicationCIs_List(1033) AS SMS_Application where (SMS_Application.ModelName in (select all SUIP0.ObjectKey from RBAC_InstancePermissions AS SUIP0 where (SUIP0.AdminID in (16777229,0) AND ((GrantedOperations&1) = 1 AND SUIP0.ObjectTypeID in (31)))) AND (SMS_Application.ModelName = N'ScopeId_CD03D4A7-4303-464F-A394-C4F9AB1D3FC7/Application_0419330c-5216-4568-8cb3-98c35b6f976e' AND SMS_Application.CIVersion = 23))

Execute WQL =SELECT * FROM SMS_Application WHERE ModelName='ScopeId_CD03D4A7-4303-464F-A394-C4F9AB1D3FC7/Application_0419330c-5216-4568-8cb3-98c35b6f976e' AND CIVersion=23

Execute SQL =select all SMS_ObjectContentInfo.DateCreated,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.Description,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.FeatureType,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.LastUpdateDate,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.NumberErrors,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.NumberInProgress,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.NumberInstalled,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.NumberUnknown,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.ObjectID,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.ObjectType,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.ObjectTypeID,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.PackageID,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.SoftwareName,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.SourceSite,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.SourceSize,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.SourceVersion,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.Targeted from fn_ListObjectContentInfo(1033) AS SMS_ObjectContentInfo where (((SMS_ObjectContentInfo.ObjectID in (select all SUIP0.ObjectKey from RBAC_InstancePermissions AS SUIP0 where (SUIP0.AdminID in (16777229,0) AND ((GrantedOperations&1) = 1 AND SUIP0.ObjectTypeID in (2,23,24,21,18,19,14)))) AND SMS_ObjectContentInfo.ObjectTypeID in (2,23,24,21,18,19,14)) OR (SMS_ObjectContentInfo.ObjectID in (select all SUIP0.ObjectKey from RBAC_InstancePermissions AS SUIP0 where (SUIP0.AdminID in (16777229,0) AND ((GrantedOperations&1) = 1 AND SUIP0.ObjectTypeID in (31)))) AND SMS_ObjectContentInfo.ObjectTypeID in (31))) AND SMS_ObjectContentInfo.ObjectID = N'ScopeId_CD03D4A7-4303-464F-A394-C4F9AB1D3FC7/Application_0419330c-5216-4568-8cb3-98c35b6f976e')

Execute SQL =select all SMS_ObjectContainerItem.ContainerNodeID from vFolderMembers AS SMS_ObjectContainerItem where (SMS_ObjectContainerItem.ObjectTypeName = N'SMS_ApplicationLatest' AND SMS_ObjectContainerItem.InstanceKey = N'ScopeId_CD03D4A7-4303-464F-A394-C4F9AB1D3FC7/Application_0419330c-5216-4568-8cb3-98c35b6f976e')