joeman1881

Certifications

Hello All,

I wasn't really sure of a proper place to put this thread but I think the crowd I am trying to capture may fall into this thread section so here we go...

I am currently an administrator in an environment that gives me the opportunity to work on everything from network switches, server hardware, Windows Server OS' etc...We support roughly 21000 people, and my main personal focus is SCCM 2012R2 (2-1/2 years of administration) closely followed more recently by SCOM 2012R2 (just the past couple of months intermittently). I already have a Bachelors degree in my field, but I would really like to get some certifications to keep myself challenged.

My question is, anyone out there in a similar role, which certifications did you go for? I'm sure anything I attempt will help, but I also am not sure if I would benefit from starting with a Server 2012 R2 MCSE, or would it be more beneficial to work on a more SCCM specific certification? I know I have so much more to learn, but just having trouble finding some direction in my current role.

Hopefully my question isn't too broad. Thanks in advance!!

There is no wrong answer to this but I would work getting you MCSE in Windows 2012. or Windows 10/8 certs.

Thanks for the reply. I already purchased a couple of books recommended on microsoft's site for the training, and acquired some CBT nuggets video's based around the MCSE. Any other resources you could recommend for preparation?