dpollard

WinPE error entering Static IP address

Hi all,

Recently upgraded SCCM R2 SP1 to CU1. Using Win 10 APK. Created the new boot disk and added the ESXI 5.1 Network driver to the boot image (x64). Created bootable media using the new boot image and booted the VM shell into WinPE 6.3. I do not have DHCP as an option so I go to Configure Network Settings as normal. I entered IP, Subnet, Gateway and one DNS server. When I click OK I get a Configure Network Settings Error, "Enter the static IP address". Anyone else getting this error?

I followed these steps to create the boot disks:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/beanexpert/archive/2015/08/05/how-to-switch-to-windows-10-adk-on-configmgr-2012-r2-sp1.aspx

Any thoughts before I start running down rabbit holes?

Thanks!

I had something very similar happen to me on SCCM 2012 SP1 + MDT 2012 U1. Sometimes when I entered a Static IP address, I would get an error saying "Enter a DNS server address", even though I DID enter a DNS server address. Here is my post about it: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8df4b017-6142-449d-ab97-c1b9fcfe6e1a/network-configuration-window-in-winpe-says-enter-the-dns-server-ip-address-even-if-there-is-a-dns?forum=configmanagerosd

To circle back on this: it's apparently a known issue with MDT 2013 Update 1

http://blogs.technet.com/b/msdeployment/archive/2015/09/15/mdt-2013-update-1-re-released-build-8298.aspx

Static IP not set in Network Adapter Configuration Wizard

When initializing a deployment in Windows PE and clicking Configure Static IP Address, if you uncheck Enable DHCP and enter static IP information, the following Network Settings Error will display:

WMI Function: Adapter.EnableStatic(IPAddress,SubnetMask) FAILURE: -2147467259

This warning may also be seen in the results screen and log files during a deployment.

Workaround: a static IP can be manually set from Windows PE using netsh, but otherwise there are no workarounds at this time.

Using the workaround has gotten me working for now!

I've been experiencing this issue as well. SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU1. Used MDT 2013 Update 1 build 8298.

It's listed as a known issue with the latest MDT, but if the OP followed the link as he mentioned then MDT wasn't really to blame? Sounds more like an SCCM or Windows10 ADK issue.

I need to start searching for a different workaround so our guys don't have to type it out command line each time. Perhaps a GUI that invokes netsh or just a script.

to update this...

The issue is with the boot WIM version, which comes from the version of ADK installed (Assessment and Deployment Kit).

Use this version of the ADK (Windows ADK for Windows 10 version 1607) for the fix