Kingskawn

SP3 dissapeared from my SUP?

Question

I need to deploy SP3 for our Windows XP clients. I have got a primary site server with a remote wsus connected as SUP.

In the beginning of wsus I deleted SP3 and I thought that it wouldn't impact the updates after but how can I reset it back where it was.

odd problem.

can you explain this line please

In the beginning of wsus I deleted SP3 and I thought that it wouldn't impact the updates after but how can I reset it back where it was.

odd problem.

can you explain this line please

Well, when I've set up wsus or the updates through sccm I think I've deleted some windows service pack 3 somewhere. I think so, I'm not sure if it's possible while I tried to delete another update and it didn't worked so I think I'm beginning to lose my mind :wacko:

I noticed in the wsus console that Service pack 3 was on 'declined' status where service pack 2 was on 'not approved'. The thing is that SP2 is showed in SCCM but not SP3 so I've put SP3 on "not approved" and see what it will bring tomorrow. Hope it will be the solution <_< Please let it be :unsure:

Ok, I found the problem and it is resolved now.

It was what I thought it was. A problem in the approvement in the wsus console. Before using and connecting wsus to sccm we worked with it and have configured it with the right approvements.

What I did is setting all updates from 'Declined' to 'Not approved' in order to see them back in the sccm console.

Case closed! I'm happy :lol:

thanks for updating us with the solution, and for future reference, you should not do any configuring in the WSUS console ever, it should always be managed via SCCM's sup, this is probably why you had the problem in the first place

cheers

niall